This is important… well, more than important. It is crucial. I have read a $1.97 report that has changed the way I view affiliate marketing.
Over the years I have made (and the IRS… GRRR…) quite a lot of money with affiliate marketing, but I now know that it was nothing compared to what I could have made if I had chosen my products in a smarter way. With the same amount of effort or even less.
Let me try to summarize one of the points I’ve read in that report (The WSO thread where you can purchase it is here, I recommend you get it as it’s only $1.97 and it’s a great read).
Basically here is the idea: Getting the benefits of an affiliate program ala amazon without the disadvantages.
So let’s try to recap the benefits/disadvantages of the amazon affiliate program before going further (I will not tell you to promote amazon):
- When you send someone to a product page on amazon with your affiliate link, if the visitor purchases a different product you get the commission, even if you didn’t promote that specific product.
- Amazon does a terrific job in cross selling products, meaning that very often people buy several products even if they were recommended (by you) to purchase only a specific one.
- Conversion rate is usually pretty good.
- Commissions are VERY low. So you have to sell a LOT of items to make good money.
- Amazon cookies are only saved for 24 hours. Meaning that if the people you send them don’t purchase within 24 hours you don’t get credited for the sale… Even if they purchased a ton of products 25 hours later (See here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/…/agreement at section 7)
The great news is that there are affiliate programs out there that offer the same benefits as amazon without the disadvantages. In other words you could promote one product (or even a free gift) and get paid for ALL the other products sold by that vendor to your leads, even 10 years later. I’m also talking about the FUTURE products of that vendor as well as his continuity programs (monthly $$$). So with the same amount of efforts you could earn much more money by promoting this kind of vendor over something more traditional.
Now the difficulty is to find a vendor…
- … who has several HIGH QUALITY products.
- … who is offering at least 50% commissions on ALL the future sales to the people you send them.
- … who has a proven cross-selling system in place.
- … who is adding new HIGH QUALITY products to his catalog consistently.
When you find such vendors, you basically have the ability to build “click and forget” campaigns. One lead sent by you can go a long way and purchase a lot of products from that vendor (no matter in how much time).
For example if you have a mailing list, you send one email to your subscribers to promote one of the vendor’s QUALITY products and each time your leads purchase another products of his you get paid, even if those new purchases are made 2 years later. So if the vendor has a proven cross selling system in place you can be sure that you’ll make additional sales and not only the initial one.
If you don’t have a mailing list, just promote a product from that vendor on your blog and you’ll also get much better results than by promoting another standard affiliate program.
Now the question you probably have is how can you find such vendors???
Well… you know what? I have found 2 other very promising affiliate programs.
But since I don’t want to compete against everyone, you’ll have to qualify to get access to their affiliate program. It’s easy to qualify though, you just have to enter your first name + email address below. I’ll then contact you with all the information you need:
PS: The 2 affiliate programs I have found are for digital products in the IM niche. If you’re not in the IM niche you’ll have to read Oz’s report and try to find vendors that fit the bill in your market.